Pork Chops and Fruited Veggies Bake
These homemade pork chops are tender and juicy. They are easy to cook, and they pack a ton of fiber.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 1 cup baby carrots, washed and peeled
- 10-ounce package frozen organic sliced peaches, thawed
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried lemon granules
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in pork loin chops
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 large Yukon gold potatoes, washed and sliced
- 10-ounce package frozen whole green beans, thawed
- Extra-virgin olive spray oil
Preheat oven to 425°F. Treat a large roasting pan or jelly roll pan with nonstick spray.
Place the carrots, peaches, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cloves in a medium-size bowl; stir to mix. Set aside.
Mix the pepper, thyme, rosemary, oregano, and lemon granules together and use a mortar and pestle or the back of a spoon to crush them.
Rub the pork chops with the garlic. Evenly spread the sliced potatoes and green beans across the prepared baking pan. Place the garlic cloves and pork chops atop the vegetables. Spray lightly with the spray oil. Sprinkle with the herb mixture.
Spread the carrot and peach mixture atop the pork chops and vegetables.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender and the potatoes and carrots are tender.
Protein: 42.69 grams
Carbohydrates: 96.35 grams
Fiber: 10.49 grams
Fat: 14.66 grams
You can substitute 4 peeled and sliced apples or pears for the peaches in the Pork Chops and Fruited Veggies Bake recipe. If you do, toss the slices with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice before mixing them with the brown sugar, cinnamon, and cloves.