Farfalle (Bow-Ties) Fra Diavolo
This is a very quick, easy pasta.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic (about 3 cloves)
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup roughly chopped Italian parsley
- 4 cups Basic Fresh Tomato Sauce or 1 jar (28 ounces) store-bought sauce
- 1 pound farfalle, cooked “al dente”
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a pot of water to a boil for reheating the pasta. Heat a large skillet or heavy-bottomed pot large enough to hold all the ingredients over high heat.
Add the oil, garlic, pepper flakes, and parsley; allow these ingredients to sizzle for 30 seconds. Add the tomato sauce; bring to a simmer.
Using a colander or China cap (a funnel-shaped strainer), dip the cooked pasta into the boiling water for 1 minute to reheat.
Transfer the reheated pasta into the sauce, letting the water that adheres to the pasta drip into the sauce and thin it a little. Toss to coat; adjust consistency with additional pasta water, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve sprinkled with additional chopped parsley.