Chocolate Chip Cookies
INGREDIENTS | SERVES about 12
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla using a wooden spoon. Add the eggs 1 at a time, mixing until incorporated before adding the next one.
Add the flour in 3 additions, mixing just enough to incorporate after each addition. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop the dough in tablespoon-size drops onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Cool the pans for a few minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.