1. The training is a great way to relieve stress in your life. Had a bad day at work? Blow off some steam with a tempo run.
2. There are lots of travel opportunities. Triathlons are organized in a lot of fun places to visit.
3. You will make new friends who share your interest in outdoor sports. Your tri buddies will be there for you in other areas of your life as well.
4. The triathlon is a great excuse to buy a lot of high-tech gear, fancy bikes, and state-of-the-art running shoes that you really do need.
5. The T-shirts are great, not to mention the medals and trophies for the den.
6. You often get to compete in the same field as — and learn from — some of the best triathletes in the world.
7. You get to eat “bad” stuff after the triathlon without guilt — at least for the afternoon. And don't forget the beer!
8. The cross-training is best for your overall fitness and will help you stay active while minimizing the risk of injury.
9. You will become really fit and more attuned to a healthy lifestyle. And you will probably lose weight, too.
10. In the competition, you will find out things about yourself you never knew, and you will be amazed. You'll say, “Wow! Why didn't I try this sooner?”