Berry Good Salsa
This is a delicious salsa that uses summer fruits. Try it for your next summer party!
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 16
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- ½ medium cantaloupe, diced
- 1 jalapeño or banana pepper, diced
- 1 small red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium-size red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried cilantro or parsley
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until well mixed. Do not overprocess — the salsa should remain somewhat chunky.
PER SERVING: Calories: 23 | Protein: 1 g | Carbohydrates: 6 g | Total fat: 0.2 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 13 mg | Potassium: 132 mg | Phosphorus: 13 mg | Calcium: 14 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Exchanges: ½ Fruit | Gluten Free