Chicken Salad — 1
This light, flavorful chicken salad is great for a summer lunch. Serve it with some slices of mango and papaya, some great bread, and a glass of Vouvray— and you are ready to go.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- Pinch of sugar
- ½; teaspoon (or to taste) salt
For the salad:
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 4 ounces snow peas, trimmed
- 3 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 medium head of Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Place the salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk vigorously to combine.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the chicken, snow peas, green onions, and bean sprouts. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
To serve, arrange the cabbage on a serving platter. Mound the chicken salad over the cabbage. Garnish with the sesame seeds.