Spicy Stir-Fried Tofu
Vegetarians can replace the chicken broth in this dish with water or vegetarian broth. Pair this simple stir-fry with Glazed Carrots and rice for a complete meal.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 3 to 4
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
Heat a wok and skillet over medium-high heat until it is nearly smoking. Add the oil.
When the oil is hot, add the ginger and the red pepper flakes. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds, then add the tofu.
Stir-fry the tofu for 1 to 2 minutes, until it begins to brown. Add the chicken broth and the red wine vinegar. Stir in the chopped green onions.
Simmer for about 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.