Sweet and Sour Fish
Cod or sole would both be good choices for this recipe. Garnish the fish with lemon wedges and fresh cilantro before serving.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 1 pound white fish fillets
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Simple Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
- 4 thin slices ginger
- 2 green onions, cut into thirds
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
- Black pepper to taste
Rinse the fish fillets, pat dry, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Add the chopped bell peppers to the sauce. Warm the sauce on low heat while cooking the fish.
Heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat until it is almost smoking. Add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the ginger slices and the chopped green onions. Stir-fry for about 10 seconds, then add the fish cubes. Stir-fry the fish cubes until they are opaque.
Splash with soy sauce and continue cooking, stirring gently, until the fish cubes are cooked through. Season with black pepper if desired.
Bring the sweet and sour sauce to a boil, stirring. Pour over the stir-fried fish and serve.