1. With 1.3 billion Chinese speakers in the world, you'll have lots of people to talk to!
2. Knowledge of Chinese can help you in learning other languages as well, including Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese.
3. Knowing how to ask for directions when in China will ensure that your taxi driver doesn't get lost.
4. You will be elevated to near celebrity status when native Chinese speakers hear you using their language.
5. You'll make your mom gush with pride as you order food in Chinese, or carry on conversations with your Chinese-speaking neighbors.
6. You'll know what people's tattoos really mean.
7. You'll be light years ahead of your competition in the job market.
8. You'll be able to buy twice as many Chinese souvenirs because you can bargain like a pro!
9. Who couldn't benefit from a deeper understanding of one of the world's oldest and most fascinating cultures?
10. Learning Chinese will give you a better command of English, as you understand how one language differs from the other.