Rabbit and paprika are a delicious combination. This dish goes well with fresh sourdough bread or Tangy Rice (page 67).
Cooking time: 4–6 hours
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Pot size: 3–5 quarts
1. Beat the egg and milk together.
2. Cut the rabbit meat into pieces. Dip the pieces in the egg mixture, then coat the pieces by shaking them in a mixture of the flour, 1 tablespoon paprika, salt, and pepper.
3. Thinly slice the onions. Sauté the meat and onions in butter in a pan over medium heat until the meat is lightly browned. Transfer the meat and onions to the slow cooker. Add the wine and water.
4. Cover and heat on a low setting for 4 to 6 hours.
5. Half an hour before serving, add the sour cream and remaining 2 teaspoons paprika to the slow cooker.
Rainbow of Olives
Not all olives are green, and those little red pimentos are optional. Try wrinkly black Turkish olives or giant green olives. Make olive paste to use as a sandwich garnish, or throw a handful of olive slices in your soup.