Hot BBQ Squirrel
If you don't have squirrel, you could substitute chicken or pork. But if you can get squirrel meat, give it a try.
Cooking time: 5–7 hours
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Pot size: 3–5 quarts
1. Cut the squirrel meat into pieces. Cut the bacon into 1-inch pieces, and crush the garlic.
2. Sauté the meat, bacon, and garlic in a pan over medium heat until the meat is lightly browned. Transfer to the slow cooker.
3. Add the catsup, water, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Cover and heat on a low setting for 4 to 6 hours.
5. An hour before serving, add the chili powder and pepper sauce.