Rajah's Apple Curry Soup
Curry is actually a mixture of other spices, which may include turmeric, cardamom, or coriander. Try using different commercial curries to see the difference.
Cooking time: 5–6 hours
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Pot size: 3–5 quarts
1. Slice the fresh mushrooms and heat in olive oil in a pan over medium heat until soft, then blend in the flour.
2. Slice the dried mushrooms into strips; coarsely chop the apples.
3. Combine the sautéed and dried mushrooms, apples, broth, and spices in the slow cooker.
4. Cover and heat on a low setting for 4 to 5 hours.
5. Half an hour before serving, add the sherry and the cream.