Tomato Shrimp Supreme
Provide your guests with soft white bread or hunks of a crunchy baguette to soak up the juices of this dish.
Cooking time: 2–3 hours
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Pot size: 3–5 quarts
1. Quarter the mushrooms; chop the green pepper and onion.
2. Sauté the mushrooms, green pepper, and onion in butter in a pan over low heat until the onion is soft. Add the flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to the mushroom mixture; stir over low heat until the sauce thickens.
3. Transfer to the slow cooker.
4. Coarsely chop the tomatoes and thinly slice the celery. Add the tomatoes, celery, sugar, and shrimp to the slow cooker.
5. Cover and heat on a low setting for 2 to 3 hours.
6. Half an hour before serving, add the wine.