Cinnamon Chicken Pasta
Cinnamon and chicken aren't commonly combined, but they work together perfectly in this recipe.
Cooking time: 4–5 hours
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Pot size: 3–5 quarts
1. Cut the chicken into serving-size pieces. Roll the chicken pieces in salt and pepper, then drizzle with the juice from the ½ lemon. Sauté the chicken pieces in olive oil in a pan over medium heat until lightly browned. Transfer the chicken to a slow cooker, but retain the juices in the pan.
2. Add the tomato paste, water, and cinnamon stick to the same pan and stir over low heat until well mixed with the chicken juices.
3. Pour the tomato mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
4. Cover and heat on a low setting for 3 to 4 hours.
5. Half an hour before serving, stir the pasta into the sauce. Remove cinnamon stick before serving, if not completely dissolved.
These can be expensive and sometimes they're not even available. Solution? Grow your own or buy them in season, blanch quickly, chill, dry, seal, and freeze. Then enjoy herbs all year, just taking what you need out of the freezer.