Roman Candle Short Ribs
As a variation, try using fresh jalapeno instead of pickled, but use only a small spoonful to start.
Cooking time: 7–9 hours
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Pot size: 3–5 quarts
1. Cut the ribs into serving-size pieces. Boil the ribs in water with the white pepper and salt, then drain.
2. Sauté the ribs in oil in a pan over medium heat until browned.
3. Pit and slice the olives. Combine the ribs with the olives, chili powder, barbecue sauce, and beer in the slow cooker.
4. Cover and heat on a low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
5. Slice the jalapeno peppers. Half an hour before serving, stir in the jalapeno peppers.