St. Regal Wine Sauce
Choose a nice dry wine for this recipe, or experiment with a sherry or brandy of your choice. This is delicious over chicken breast.
Cooking time: 3–5 hours
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Pot size: 3–5 quarts
1. Grate half of the lemon rind; set aside. Cut the lemon in half and press to extract the juice of the entire lemon; save the juice and discard the lemon pulp.
2. Add the grated rind (from half the lemon), juice (from the whole lemon), water, and sugar to the slow cooker.
3. Cover and heat on a low setting for 1 to 2 hours.
4. Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tablespoons cold water. Add to the sugar mixture in the slow cooker.
5. Cover and heat on a low setting for 1 to 2 hours.
6. An hour before serving, add the wine.