This goes well with a side dish of steamed baby asparagus, baby carrots, and small red potatoes with cracked black peppercorns.
Cooking time: 4–6 hours
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Pot size: 3–5 quarts
1. Mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Cut the chicken into serving-size pieces and coat with the flour mixture. Sauté the chicken pieces in oil in a pan over medium heat until the meat is lightly browned.
2. Slice the onions. Crush and slice the garlic. Add the onion and garlic to the pan with the chicken and stir over medium heat until the onion is soft. Add the paprika to the pan and stir to mix.
3. Add the chicken-and-onion mixture and 2 cups of water to the slow cooker.
4. Cover and heat on a low setting for 4 to 6 hours.
5. Mix the remaining water and flour in a mixing bowl, then add the sour cream and blend well. An hour before serving, slowly stir the sour cream mixture into the chicken.
If your recipe calls for walnuts, be bold and try macadamias, hazelnuts, cashews, or pecans. Go out of your way to find new nuts to use in your recipes. Start with raw, unsalted nuts if you can get them, otherwise eliminate or reduce the amount of salt you add to the recipe.