Opening a few cans is the most labor involved in making this dish. The result tastes like you've been cooking all day.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 (14-ounce) cans of chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can of stewed Italian tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can of chopped spinach, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) package of fresh or frozen tortellini, your preferred flavor
- Optional: Parmesan- Reggiano cheese
Add the oil and onion to the slow cooker. Stir to coat the onion in oil. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes, or until the onions are transparent.
Stir in the broth, tomatoes, and spinach. Reduce the temperature of the slow cooker to low, cover, and cook for 4 hours.
Cook the tortellini according to package directions; drain and stir into the soup. Serve topped with grated cheese if desired.