Pork Lo Mein
You may have to experiment with the timing, but you can steam thin dried egg noodles or angel-hair pasta by adding them along with the other ingredients in your slow cooker during the end of the cooking time, before you add the sugar snap peas and broccoli florets.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6
- 1½ pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 1 (12-ounce) jar teriyaki glaze
- 1 cup celery, thinly bias-sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (5-ounce) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 (6-ounce) package frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 8 ounces angel-hair pasta, cooked
- ½ cup unsalted cashew halves or slivered almonds
Trim the fat from the pork; cut pork into ¾-inch pieces.
Add the pork, onions, carrots, teriyaki glaze, celery, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and ginger to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
Add the sugar snap peas and broccoli. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until pea pods are crisp-tender.
Stir the cooked pasta into the other ingredients in the slow cooker. Serve immediately. Sprinkle cashews or almonds over each serving.