Chicken in Plum Sauce
You can use commercial plum sauce or a homemade recipe for this rich, sweet entrée. Serve it over rice along with steamed broccoli.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- Nonstick spray
- 1¼ cup plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 8 chicken thighs, skin removed
- Optional: Toasted sesame oil
- Optional: Soy sauce
Treat the crock of the slow cooker with nonstick spray. Add the plum sauce, butter, orange juice concentrate, and five-spice powder to the slow cooker; stir to combine.
Add the chicken thighs. Cover and cook on low for 6–8 hours.
Top each serving with toasted sesame oil and soy sauce to taste if desired.