Chicken in Lemon Sauce
This recipe is for a one-pot meal. By completing a simple step at the end of the cooking time, you have meat, potatoes, vegetables, and sauce all ready to serve and eat. It doesn't get much easier than that.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 1 (1-pound) bag frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 small onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- Optional: Lemon peel strips
Place green beans and onion in the slow cooker. Arrange the chicken and potatoes over the vegetables. Sprinkle with the garlic and pepper. Pour broth over all. Cover and cook on low for 5 or more hours or until chicken is cooked through and moist.
Evenly divide the chicken, potatoes, and vegetables between 4 serving plates or onto a serving platter; cover to keep warm.
To make the sauce, add the cream cheese cubes and grated lemon peel to the broth in the slow cooker. Stir until cheese melts into the sauce. Pour the sauce over the chicken, potatoes, and vegetables. Garnish with lemon peel strips if desired.