Chicken and Artichokes
This is another dish that can be served with just a tossed salad and some crusty bread to make it a complete meal.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (13-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
Add all ingredients to the slow cooker; stir to mix.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. If necessary, uncover and allow to cook for½ hour or more to thicken the sauce.
You can use thawed frozen artichoke hearts in place of canned ones. Or, if all you have on hand are marinated artichoke hearts, drain them and add them to the recipe; simply omit the thyme and garlic if you do.