Beef and Green Bean Casserole
Serve this casserole with a tossed salad, steamed baby potatoes or rice, and warm dinner rolls.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6
- 1½ pounds round or sirloin steak
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen French-style green beans, thawed
Trim and discard any fat from the beef; cut the meat into short, thin strips.
Add the steak strips, flour, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker; stir to coat the steak in the seasoned flour.
Add the bell pepper, tomatoes, soy sauce, onion, mushrooms, and green beans. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Stir and taste for seasoning; add additional salt and pepper if needed.