1. To be able to communicate effectively with the Deaf and hard of hearing.
2. To have fun learning a new and exciting visual language.
3. To look great on a resume and to open doors for new employment opportunities.
4. To spur intellectual growth and raise IQ.
5. To open new avenues for friendships and relationships.
6. To improve self-confidence and enhance communication skills.
7. To experience another avenue for expressing yourself artistically.
8. To broaden language acquisition in the early classroom.
9. To acquire the skill of nonverbal communication, body language, and facial expressions.
10. To learn a new language that can satisfy high school or college modern and foreign language requirements.