Kidney Bean and Chickpea Salad
This marinated two-bean salad is perfect for summer picnics or as a side for outdoor barbecues or potlucks.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 1 (8-ounce) can yellow corn, drained
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, paprika, and lemon juice.
In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, beans, olives, corn, red onion, and parsley. Pour the olive oil dressing over the bean mixture and toss well to combine.
Season generously with salt and pepper, to taste.
Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving to allow flavors to mingle. Gently mix before serving.