Texas Roadhouse Steak Rub
Spice rubs are another way to add flavor to your steaks, and this one has a spicy kick.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- ½ tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. It should be the consistency of a thick paste.
Baste the tops and sides of the steaks on both sides as you grill.
Marinades and Rubs
Too many cooks overlook marinades and rubs. To highlight the flavor of your steaks and create a restaurant-quality meal, you should consider one or the other. Marinades contain acidic ingredients in liquid form, which can tenderize the beef, and rubs are made with spices and meant to be rubbed into the meat before cooking.