Outback Steakhouse Shrimp on the Barbie
This recipe is meant to be served as an appetizer, but you can double it to serve as an entrée.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
Marinade and Shrimp
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup mixed minced fresh parsley, thyme, and cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 large crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1½ pounds unpeeled medium to large shrimp
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups sour cream
- ½ cup tomato chili sauce
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients.
Mix in the shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator for 5 hours.
Combine all the dipping sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Chill until needed.
Preheat the grill.
Thread the shrimp onto skewers.
Grill the shrimp for about 2 minutes per side.