Steak 'n Shake Chili
Steak ‘n Shake's chili has an almost cult following. Serve it with oyster crackers, shredded cheese, sliced green onions, and sour cream.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ small diced onion
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can Campbell's French onion soup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup cola
Place oil, onion, and hamburger in a large stockpot over medium heat.
Cook the hamburger for 7–9 minutes, until it has browned. Drain the excess oil.
Add the onion soup and simmer for a few minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot.
Simmer on the stove for 1 hour.