Chili's Southwest Chicken Chili
Warm your taste buds with this flavorful chili recipe. If you are not a fan of chicken chili, this dish will change your mind.
INGREDIENTS | YIELDS 4 QUARTS
- 2 (15-ounce) cans navy beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 1/4 cups diced green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeño peppers
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 4½ cups water
- 8 teaspoons chicken base
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2½ tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground paprika
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1½ teaspoons ground red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground oregano
- ½ cup canned crushed tomatillos
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 3 pounds cooked diced chicken breasts
- Shredded cheese of your choice
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Tortilla chips
Drain and rinse the beans.
In 5-quart or larger pot, heat oil over medium heat.
Add the onions, bell pepper, jalapeño, and garlic and sauté. Cook for 3–4 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
In a large bowl, combine water, chicken base, lime juice, sugar, cornstarch, and seasonings. Add this to the vegetable mixture.
Add the tomatillos and green chilies to the pot and bring to boil.
Add the beans and chicken and simmer 10 minutes.
Garnish the soup with cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.