Chili's Grilled Caribbean Chicken Salad
It's sweet, crunchy, and cool, and now it's yours. This salad features a honey-lime dressing for a taste of the islands.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup teriyaki marinade
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1½ cups apple cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons lime juice
Pico De Gallo
- 2 diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced Spanish onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeño pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced cilantro
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups chopped leaf lettuce
- 4 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 can drained pineapple chunks
- 4 handfuls of tortilla chips, broken into pieces
Marinate the chicken in teriyaki marinade for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Mix all the ingredients for the pico de gallo in a small bowl and chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Preheat the grill and grill the chicken breast for 5 minutes on each side, or until done. Cut into strips.
Toss the lettuce and cabbage in a large salad bowl.
Add the pico de gallo, pineapple, dressing, and tortilla chips.
Add the grilled chicken strips. Toss, and serve.