Taco Bell Santa Fe Gorditas
What makes this dish unique is the sauce. It is no longer on the menu at Taco Bell, so make it at home using this recipe.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 (10-ounce) can drained black beans
- 1 (10-ounce) can drained whole kernel corn
- 1 large finely diced bell pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cooked boneless chicken breasts
- 4 pita bread rounds
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, chili sauce, lemon juice, and vinegar. Let chill for a minimum of 30 minutes.
In a medium bowl, mix the black beans, corn, bell pepper, onion, and cilantro. Let chill for at least 30 minutes
Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
Grill the pita bread in a pan 1–2 minutes per side until the bread is hot and flexible.
Spread the mayonnaise mixture between each pita round and top with the strips of chicken.
Top with the bean mixture and cheese.