Pizza Hut Cavatini
Cavatini has been off the menu at Pizza Hut for a long time, so the only way to get this dish is to make it yourself.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- ½ stick margarine
- 1 diced large onion
- 1 diced large green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound assorted pasta (wheels, shells, spirals, ziti)
- 1 (16-ounce) jar meat-flavored spaghetti sauce
- ½ pound browned hamburger
- ½ pound browned Italian sausage
- ½pound thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a skillet, melt the margarine over medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers, and garlic powder and sauté for about 4 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to box directions.
Heat sauce and combine with hamburger and sausage.
Use cooking spray to lightly grease a 13″ × 11″ casserole dish. Place ½ of the cooked pasta in the dish, followed by ½ the vegetables, ½ of the pepperoni, and ½ the sauce. Repeat with another layer.
Spread mozzarella cheese over the top and bake for about 45 minutes, or until cheese has melted.