Olive Garden Venetian Apricot Chicken
Olive Garden is known for their seasonal menus, and this is one of their most recent additions to the menu.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 3 teaspoons garlic pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ pound Roma tomatoes, cut into 1″ pieces
- 6 basil leaves, cut into ½″ pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1 bunch asparagus, bottom 1″ of stems removed
- ½ pound broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
Combine garlic pepper and Italian seasoning in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
In a saucepan, blend chicken broth and apricot preserves. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
In another mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic pepper, and salt and set aside.
In a pot of salted boiling water, blanch asparagus and broccoli for 1 minute. Transfer immediately to ice bath to stop cooking.
Coat a sauté pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. While keeping ingredients separated in pan, heat cooled asparagus, broccoli, and tomato mixture until hot, about 2–3 minutes. Do not overcook.
Grill the chicken 5 minutes per side until done.
Place the grilled chicken on a platter next to the broccoli and asparagus. Sprinkle the garlic seasoning mixture on the broccoli. Pour the tomato mixture on top of the vegetables.
Top the chicken breasts with apricot sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.