Olive Garden Penne Romana
The penne alla romana is a lovely dish of pasta and green beans in a light broth-based sauce.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup diced yellow onion
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups blanched green beans
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 4 cups cooked penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onions and red pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in wine, rosemary, parsley, and salt.
In separate bowl, whisk cornstarch and chicken broth.
Add mixture to sauce and stir well. Bring to a boil and set aside.
Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add green beans and tomato and cook for 1 minute.
Add the sauce and pasta. Add the cheeses. Stir well with a spoon, making sure the pasta is well coated.