This simple restaurant copycat recipe for meatballs tastes just like the ones served at Carrabba's. It uses a combination of meats and will make you happy that you decided to stay in and cook.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6–8
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- 2 minced green onions
- 1 minced small yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup olive oil
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a large bowl.
Roll the mixture into 1½″ balls.
Pour olive oil on a 2″ × 13″ × 9″ baking pan and place meatballs on top. Swirl pan around to coat meatballs in oil.
Bake the meatballs in the oven for 25–30 minutes, until golden brown.
Remove the meatballs from the oil, drain on paper towels, and stir into your favorite pasta sauce.