Carino's Spicy Shrimp and Chicken
This signature dish from Carino's is bound to become a family favorite.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 20 peeled medium shrimp
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup hydrated sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 (16-ounce) box cooked penne pasta
Grill chicken breasts 5 minutes per side until done. Cool and slice into ¼″ thick strips.
Add butter to a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add shrimp, chicken, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, onions, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 3–4 minutes until shrimp and mushrooms are cooked.
Add cream, cheese, and cayenne pepper. Let cream reduce by half (about 6–8 minutes) while thoroughly combining all ingredients.
Toss pasta with contents of sauté pan.