Carino's Grilled Chicken Bowtie Festival
The Bowtie Festival is a favorite on the menu at Carino's. It features fresh vegetables and chicken tossed in a creamy tomato sauce.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/8 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- ¼ cup diced Roma tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced cooked bacon
- 1 cup sliced cooked chicken
- Salt, pepper, and garlic salt, to taste
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1/8 cup Asiago cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) jar of Ragu Alfredo sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) box cooked bowtie pasta
In a heated sauté pan combine butter, onions, garlic, tomatoes, bacon, chicken, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
After 3–4 minutes, when the onions turn translucent, add the cream and Asiago.
Once the cheese and cream have reduced (about 6–8 minutes), add the Alfredo sauce and pasta.
Toss and combine well.
Allow to cool a few minutes for the sauce and cheese to thicken.