Buca di Beppo Chicken Limone
This is a fantastic, easy lemon chicken recipe. Serve it with green beans and roasted potatoes or a nice salad.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup melted butter or margarine
- 1½–2 teaspoons chicken bouillon cubes
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon capers, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
In a small bowl, combine the egg and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and beat well.
In another bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, and paprika and stir well.
Put the chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound until the chicken is flattened and even in thickness.
Dip the chicken in the egg mixture then dredge in flour mixture.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chicken in butter 2–3 minutes on each side, until brown.
Dissolve bouillon in hot water and add to chicken along with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat.
Simmer 10–15 minutes, or until the chicken is done. Garnish with capers and lemon slices.