Denny's Pancake Puppies
If you like fresh donut holes then you will definitely like these little bite-sized pancake balls rolled in powdered sugar. Serve with a small bowl of syrup for dipping.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima Original Pancake Mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chopped dried blueberries
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped white chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
Preheat oil in a deep fryer.
In a medium bowl, combine pancake mix, milk, and egg.
Add blueberries and chocolate chips and stir.
Let the batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
When the oil is hot, use an ice cream scoop coated with oil to make a batter ball, and drop it into the hot oil.
Cook for 2½–3 minutes, or until the batter is dark brown.
Drain on paper towels and coat with powdered sugar.