Sunny Pickle Rolls
The Bubbies brand of pickles are raw and unpasteurized. They can be found in most health food stores and are perfect for this recipe. Honey or dates can be used in place of the agave nectar. This is a good pâté to spread on crackers or roll into cabbage leafs.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1 cup buckwheat, sprouted
- ½ cup cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup pickles, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ume plum vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dill, minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 nori sheets
Process the sunflower seeds and buckwheat in a food processor until well broken down.
Process all remaining ingredients, except the nori sheets, together in the food processor until they are well broken down but still chunky.
Lay a nori sheet flat on a bamboo sushi mat. Place two scoops of prepared pâté onto each nori sheet and use the bamboo mat to roll. Alternatively, roll by hand. Chop the nori rolls into quarters and serve.
Calories: 312 | Fat: 19 g | Protein: 11 g | Sodium: 463 mg | Fiber: 7 g
Raw and unpasteurized pickles can be found in most health food stores. The pickles in the supermarket are usually cooked.