Turkey with Fruit
Turkey fruit salad is a fun way to get kids to eat their protein and vegetables, all in one serving, and you can use up leftover turkey in the process! Adjust the seasonings as necessary to suit your child’s taste.
INGREDIENTS | YIELDS 1 SERVING
2 large lettuce leaves
½ cup cooked turkey
¼ cup grapes
¼ cup cantaloupe or honeydew melon
1 ounce mozzarella or Cheddar, shredded
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
Dash prepared mustard
Grown-Up Salad Dressing
Many children will eat vegetables with the “modified” oil-and-vinegar dressing described here. To make this dressing more suitable for adult taste buds, add a dash of garlic powder, salt, pepper, sugar, and freshly diced herbs.
1. Tear the lettuce into small pieces and place in the bottom of a serving bowl.
2. Cut the turkey into small pieces, removing any fat and skin. Place on top of the lettuce.
3. Wash the grapes and cut in half. Cut the melon into small cubes. Mix grapes and melon in with the turkey.
4. Top with shredded cheese.
5. Prepare the dressing by mixing the oil, vinegar, and mustard. Stir well; then drizzle over the salad and mix gently.