Pasta and Broccoli
Go as easy (or as heavy) on the garlic as your toddler seems to like. You can easily use part of a clove, or an entire clove if she seems to like it. This is also a perfect dish for serving to the rest of the family, and it won’t require any additional seasonings.
INGREDIENTS | YIELDS 2 SERVINGS
½ cup broccoli
4 cups water
1 cup pasta
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon grated Parmesan
1. Wash the broccoli and dice into small florets.
2. Bring the water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook for about 10 minutes. Add in the broccoli and cook for another 10 minutes, or until both pasta and broccoli are tender. When cooked, drain.
3. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add garlic and parsley, sautéing for 2–3 minutes.
4. Add the pasta and broccoli to the saucepan. Sauté for 2–3 minutes, tossing the pasta and broccoli together with the garlic.
5. Sprinkle with Parmesan before serving.