Mini Pizza Faces
Bring a smile to your child’s face with this smiling pizza meal! You can do any number of substitutions here—olives instead of pepperoni or green pepper instead of carrots. Use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
INGREDIENTS | YIELDS 2 SERVINGS
1 baby carrot
2 tablespoons peas
2 cups water
1 English muffin
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
4 thin slices pepperoni
1 ounce shredded Mozzarella
If the whole family’s in the mood for pizza, simply make a full-sized pie and serve your toddler a slice. Use the same fun ingredients to make a pizza face, but use pizza dough instead of English muffins.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Slice the baby carrot in half lengthwise. Place it and the peas in a saucepan with the water. Bring to a boil; then cook for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Drain and set aside.
3. Split the English muffin in half and lay the two pieces face-up on a baking sheet. Spoon tomato sauce over each muffin to cover it and lay a foundation for the pizza face.
4. On each muffin, place 2 pieces of pepperoni for eyes. Place half a baby carrot for a nose. Make a smile out of peas. Place the shredded Mozzarella around the top of the muffin for hair.
5. Bake for 10–15 minutes, or until the cheese melts.