Chicken Noodle Soup
Feel free to adapt this recipe according to what ingredients you have on hand. To make a quick and easy seafood version, for instance, replace the leftover chicken and vegetables with crabmeat and canned asparagus.
Preparation time: 5–8 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, peeled, chopped
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 rib celery, thinly chopped
- 12 baby carrots, cut in half
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves
- 1 leftover cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup leftover cooked pasta
Heat the margarine over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until it begins to soften. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another minute until it begins to brown and the onion is softened.
Stir in the celery and carrots. Cook for a minute.
Add the chicken broth. Cover and turn the heat up to medium-high to bring to a boil.
Stir in the salt, pepper, and parsley. Add the chicken and pasta
Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve the soup hot.