Southwest Pork Chops
These spicy pork chops are coated with layers of Tex-Mex flavor. Serve them with hot mashed potatoes, a cooling fruit salad, and a lemon meringue pie for dessert.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ½-inch boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
Place olive oil in heavy skillet and heat over medium heat. Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with salt, cayenne pepper, and chili powder and rub into meat. Add pork chops to skillet and cook for 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine chipotle chili, adobo sauce, salsa, and tomato sauce in a small bowl.
Turn pork chops and cook for 2 minutes. Then add tomato sauce mixture to skillet, bring to a simmer, and simmer for 4 to 6 minutes, until chops are cooked and tender.