White Chocolate Almond Lemon Fluff Pie
A praline brown sugar mixture nestles below a fluffy lemon filling, topped with a white chocolate drizzle. Wow!
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 8–10
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 Easy Paste Pastry, unpricked
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. In small bowl, combine almonds, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon butter; mix well. Press into bottom of pie shell; bake for 5 minutes, then place on wire rack.
2. In large bowl, combine sugar and 2 tablespoons butter; mix well. Stir in egg yolks and beat well. Add flour and salt and beat again.
3. Stir in milk, lemon juice, and zest; set aside. In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture and spoon into pie shell.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 325°F. Bake for 30–40 minutes or until top is deep golden brown.
5. Place pie on wire rack. In small saucepan, melt chocolate chips, cream, and corn syrup, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over pie, then let cool completely. Store in refrigerator.