Chocolate Caramel Frozen Pie
This elegant recipe can be varied in several ways. Use all caramel or all chocolate toppings, or try strawberry for a nice change of pace.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 10–12
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate ice cream topping
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup crushed chocolate-covered toffee
- 2 (9-inch) prepared chocolate cookie pie crusts
In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk until fluffy; set aside.
In small bowl, beat cream with brown sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
Layer the cream cheese mixture, both types of topping, and crushed toffee in the two pie crusts.
Cover and chill or freeze for 4–6 hours before serving.
Keep It Healthy
You can use low-fat cream cheese and nonfat sweetened condensed milk in this recipe. Never use all nonfat ingredients; a blend of low-fat and nonfat gives the best result. In place of the cream mixture, use frozen nonfat whipped topping, thawed. Add a bit of brown sugar to the cream cheese mixture to keep the flavor the same.