This is a quick-cooked take on the classic Provençal vegetable stew. If you have leftover ratatouille from another meal, that can be used in place of the sauce and vegetables listed here. The precooked veggies will be a little less crisp but still tasty.
Makes two 12-inch pizzas
- ½ recipe Pan Pizza Crust dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Garlic and Oil Sauce
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced yellow squash
- 1 cup coarsely chopped white mushrooms
- 1 cup diced Japanese eggplant
- 2 cups diced fresh plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Roll pizza dough into two circles large enough to cover bottom and sides of two 12″ pizza or quiche pans. Spread a tablespoon of olive oil over the bottom of each pan, then press dough circles into the pans.
Spread ½ cup sauce over the bottom of each pie crust. In a bowl, combine zucchini, squash, mushrooms, eggplant, and tomatoes. Distribute vegetables evenly over each crust.
Sprinkle with oregano leaves, salt, and pepper.
Combine Asiago, Parmesan, and mozzarella cheeses. Distribute evenly over the top of each pizza.
Bake pies at 400° for 20 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.