Smoked Salmon Pizza
Think of this as a brunch pizza, with smoked salmon and all the trimmings over a warm, crispy crust.
Makes two 12-inch pizzas
- ½ recipe California Thin Crust dough
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup Lemon Cream Sauce
- 1 cup finely diced Gouda cheese
- 1 cup crumbled Farmer cheese
- 12 ounces Nova Scotia salmon, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Roll or press pizza dough into two very thin 12-inch circles, slightly thicker at the edges than in the center. If using pizza pans, sprinkle the bottom with cornmeal or coat with oil and place dough in pan. If using a pizza stone, sprinkle with cornmeal and place rolled dough directly on stone.
Spread ½ cup Lemon Cream Sauce evenly over each pizza. Sprinkle Gouda and Farmer cheese over the sauce.
Place pizzas in the oven at 425°. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and let rest briefly.
Divide salmon over each pizza, followed by capers, cucumbers, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with pepper to taste, cut into wedges, and serve immediately.