Thai Chicken Pizza
Prepared Thai curry paste makes it easy to get the complex flavors of Thai cuisine in a relatively quick-to-fix dish.
Makes two 12-inch pizzas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 (12-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 raw, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ recipe Classic Crust dough or Bread Machine Crust dough
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅔ cup matchstick-cut bamboo shoots
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and cut into strips
- 1 small sweet onion, trimmed and cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
In a large skillet or Dutch oven, combine oil and curry paste. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add coconut milk, fish sauce, and lime juice. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
Add chicken and mushrooms to coconut milk and cook just until chicken turns opaque, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Roll or press pizza dough into two 12-inch circles, slightly thicker at the edges than in the center. If using pizza pans, sprinkle the bottom with cornmeal or coat with olive oil and place dough in pan. If using a pizza stone, sprinkle with cornmeal and place stone in oven. Preheat oven to 400°.
Divide chicken and mushroom mixture over the two pizza crusts, spreading evenly. Distribute ⅓ cup of bamboo shoots over each pizza. Sprinkle each with a little lime zest, then distribute bell pepper and sweet onion over the tops, followed by cilantro.
Spread 1½ cups mozzarella over each pizza. If using a hot stone or tiles, use a well-floured pizza peel to carefully lift one pizza from preparation surface and place on stone. If using pizza pans, place first pizza in the center of the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and toppings are bubbly.
Remove pizza from oven carefully (use peel if baking with a stone). Set aside to rest briefly before slicing. Repeat baking process with second pie.